I provide website design and development for small to medium sized business. My goal is to provide you and your business with a website that best meets your needs.
Web Design and Development
There are two things to take into consideration when you start thinking of having your own website:
- The first one is the name of your website. Like your business your website has to have a name. Usually it’s the name of your business. So the name of the website is called domain name, and is purchased annually. The price of a domain name varies, depending of the extension that you’d like your domain name to have (i.e. .com, .net, .info etc), depending on where you purchase the domain name end whether you’d like your domain name to be private or not.
- The second item on your list should be the physical location where your website will reside. That is a server somewhere in the vast network of servers. You can get such a space through a hosting provider. The hosting is paid monthly or annually, directly to the hosting provider. If you don’t want to deal with this entire infrastructure, I can take care of it for you. I strongly recommend SiteGround for hosting!
- Determine website type – help you determine the optimal website type for your business i.e. static, CMS (Content management), e-Commerce with Paypal Integration, Blog
- Multi-platform development i.e. websites must work on hand-held devices i.e. phones, tablets as well as laptops/desktops.
- You are welcome to bring your own text for the website’s content. I can also provide the copy for an extra cost that will cover a research of your industry and the actual writing.
- Same with the images that you want to appear on the website, you can bring your own, or I could take professional photos for you. I could also use stock photography.
- Bring your own logo, or I can create one for you!
- Social media integration is an important step in building a website. I will integrate and link to your favorite social media websites, and also assist you in creating a presence on the media websites of your choice. i.e. Facebook, Pinterest, Houzz, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube etc.
- Tools setup:
- Setup Google tools: Google Analytics, Google Webmaster (Search Console), Google My Business
- Setup Bing tools: Bing Webmaster, Bing Places
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – To make sure your clients find you on the web I put to the good use SEO technics using SEO most used guidelines and tools. Search engines like Bing and Google change their algorithms all the time. In my experience a website will always be indexed by search engines if the website is:
- Well written (clean code).
- Has relevant content.
- Has images with description.
- Has videos with transcripts.
- Pages have relevant titles and descriptions.
In addition to this it’s a good idea to sign up with Google Business and Bing Places, as they will help your business appear in local searches.
Website support and maintenance
- Content updates – new content such as pictures and text.
- Instructional meetings where I teach you how to use the CMS.
- WordPress core, plugins and themes updates.
- Uptime monitor
- Performance checks
- Security checks
- Setup email addresses. Add the email address to your favorite email application and/or your device/devices.
- Integrate newsletter subscription form on your website.
- Create email templates.
If you still have questions after the first obligation/money free visit with me, I can setup a consultation session.
- If you want to build your own website, but you are not sure where to start, I can sit down and go through everything, so you can get started.
- Website re-designs, platform changes.
- SEO, Local SEO.